Almost all the professionals operate this spreadsheet tool. MS Excel is the universal language that says in practically all the business. However, as a starter or intermediate-level user, you must know some of the important features of MS Excel. This content will show you the features of MS Excel.
Graphical Features of Excel
- Excel has a variety of graphical features to describe the data in Charts and graphical format.
- Charts: You can utilize charts to describe the data in a rich visualized graphical model.
- Shapes: You can make a variety of shapes to describe the data in shapes and infographics. We can draw any figure and shape with the form feature in Excel.
- SmartArt: You can use SmartArt to align the data in innovative designs and visually communicate the data.
- Clip Arts: You can add the ready-to-use clip arts to bring our message into the pictorial presentation.
- Pictures: You can insert any photo to improve the objects. Example backgrounds of Shapes, Worksheets, and Charts.
Data Base Features of Excel
Excel can be used as a database and perform a mixture of data functions.
- PivotTables: You can use summarize the data and make powerful cross tables.
- Slicers: Slicers are presented in Excel 2010, this will assist us to attach the numerous pivot tables and filter the data with buttons.
- Tables. You can make the tables in the data in records and fields format. This will be valuable to fast perform additional research.
- Sparklines: Presented in Excel 2010, you can insert the lightweight charts into the cells.
- Database: You can use Excel as a Database to keep the 1 million documents. You can connect to a variety of databases and import the data into Excel.
- Sorting: You can sort the data in Microsoft Excel. You can sort Ascending or Descending with one or more columns.
- Filtering: You can filter the data in Microsoft Excel. You can set a variety of opportunities to filter with the needed choices. Excel has the Advanced Filtering prospect to complete the more complicated filters.
- Data validations: Data Validation Feature assists to determine the cell to accept a specific kind of data. You can also deliver the drop-down to select from the pre-defined checklist.
- Grouping: You can group the rows and columns with parent and child documents.
Functional Features of Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel Tools and Functions will assist to perform powerful analyses and improve the Excel Application Features.
- Functions: There are more than 300 built-in formulas to utilize in the Excel Cells. A variety of the formulas (String, Text, Date, Maths, etc) will assist to perform a variety of measures.
- VBA Macros: Excel arrives with VBA Programming. You can use the Macros feature to automate repetitious tasks.
- Add-ins: You can set the Excel Add-ins with VBA or .NET to improve the Excel Functionality.
- Hyperlinks: You can create or add hyperlinks in Excel to fast navigate the additional parts of the Excel spreadsheet.
- Conditional Format: You can format the data established on specific requirements. This allows highlighting the important data field.
- SpellCheck: Built-in spell check feature assists us to avoid spelling and grammatical mistakes in the data.
- Protection: Excel delivers Workbook, Worksheet, and VBA Protection choices.
- Excel Provides, a variety of the Add-ins for Data analysis and the ETL process.
You can use Excel for a broad range of applications. Here are the benefits of MS Excel. Excel has presented a ribbon menu in Office 2007 and added a variety of the features per release:
Features of Microsoft Excel 2007
The major new feature in Excel 2007 is Excel Ribbon Menu. And many other helpful features:
- Ribbon Menu: Excel presented the ribbon menu in 2007, the look and feel of the Excel are more trendy.
- Open XML: Presented Open XML File structure.
- More Rows and Columns: This addition permits keeping more documents and fields per spreadsheet.
- Themes and Styles: This feature assists to change from one color schema to another smoothly.
- Improvements and added features in Formulas, Charts, and PivotTables.
Features of Excel 2010
Main Latest features in Excel 2010 are Slicers and Sparklines:
- Slicers: Excel Slicers for PivotTable allow to filter off the numerous PivotTable with one button snap.
- Sparklines: Now you can make dashboards with diagrams in Cells with the Sparkline feature.
- In Excel 2010 many features ade to increase performance, and Mobile Excel for Windows 7.
Features of Microsoft Excel 2013
Microsoft Excel was MDI (Multiple Document Interface) until 2010, now it is a Single Document Application. Bright and Trendy look and feel of the Application, and so many features submitted in Excel 2013.
- New Start Screen is presented in Excel 2013
- The ribbon menu is improved, now it’s comparable to Windows 8/10 application menu
- Quick tools for Charts
- Quick Data Analysis Tools presented in Excel 2013
- Improved Graphics and Picture Quality in Excel 2013.
- Added so many colors in schema XML files.
Features of Excel 2016
Excel 2016 almost looks like Excel 2013.
- New tool to fast search commands ‘Tell me what you want to do?
- New Charts: Sunburst, Waterfall, Histograms, and Pareto charts
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Now you can insert SVGs in Excel
- Icons: New command to browse the office icons and insert the ready-to-use vector icons.
- The pen is added to sketch the shapes.
Features of Excel Online
Microsoft is creating many tools and securing its Online Version of the MS Office. Most features work in the Online Excel version except the VBA Macros.